• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

XFX Motherboard

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

UPCguy21

What do you guys think of these boards?? I saw one in a catalog for 70-80 bucks, it uses the nforce 2 chipset, supports up to an XP 3200, so it has the 400mhz fsb, I'm wanting to get an XP 2500, some pc 3200 memory, and possibly this board, and push the chip up to 400mhz fsb, as I've heard with an nforce 2 board, you can do this, and achieve the speed of 3200+ on stock voltage, so that would mean I would not risk frying the chip right?? Just wondering if this would work should I get this kind of setup. The memory I was looking at was generic I think, but the price looked alot better than some of the other memory prices, I was looking at 2 sticks of 256 mb. So anyways, are these boards good?? Has anyone had problems with them?? And would I be able to get close to that speed without risking a chip?? Also what fan do you guys reccomend for the CPU, and how much power do I need from a PSU??? I was looking at a case that had like a 425-450 watt PSU, I think it was like 40 bucks for a case with the window and everything, I'm assuming that will do fine, but could I get by on less should the need arise?? Thanks for all your input folks.

Ok, here we go, even more specifically, here is the link for what I'm looking at. The board I want will be like this one...

http://www.tigerdirect.com/applications/searchtools/item-Details.asp?EdpNo=589316&sku=P450-2020

Another thing, the onboard audio, would that sound better than the creative 5.1 soudcard that I have now?? Is there another route that would be better for my money?? By the way, I really don't want to put too much more into a board, maybe another 20 or so. But thanks everyone!

Sorry, one final thing, the video card I have now is a Radeon 9000 Pro, with 128 mb of ddr memory. What kind of gaming performance should I expect from a system running that fast with this card???

That system should be fine, Ive found the 9000 cards, even the ones from wal-mart that are not pros to be pretty good whne back by a good CPU, hell evne my old Duron 700 powered it good until you started host servers in Tribes 2....but thats because Tribes 2 only runs good in Win9x and Win9x isnt so good at hosting servers...

Back