• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

a7n8x-x bios v1005 multiplier problem any ideas???????

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

P2P

hi just a problem i have run up against while clocking a duron 1300

in the bios i canot get the cpu to post while using the multipliers that have 2 options in the list (8x/16x) <<<<< example

i have got the fsb up to 180 stable but even if i drop it to say 100 and try to go for 8x it wont post

i know i can get 1460 out of this chip using 133x11 but i get better results on with a higher fsb

i can also run stable @ 153x9.5 =1457

so any ideas on how to solve this???

Thanks guys ...........and gals

P2P

:mad:

Last edited:
Maybe the multi is locked or is being read incorrectly by the bios ? the palys were locked until u connected the 5 L1 bridges but u also had to fill in the valley (lazer cuts) so it would not ground the bridges. The Athlon 1400 all u needed to do was the pencil trick on the L1.. Hope someone answers u correctly but that my 2 cents worth

I hve that with my Palomino XP2100+, it ended up being that when i choose the double multi's it would choose the higher one by default, there is a wire trick to fix that, but it was a little more than my processor couls handle, I eventually found this out by giving it a good dose of Vcore nd it booted into the higher multi.

look for a wiretrick, if you really need it

i did the l1 pencil trick to unlock cpu o87c works ok except for the double multi options i guessed it was selecting the higher one of the two but just wondered if there was a simple way around it

do all the latest bios versions give u the same double multiplier options?
1004 1005 1006 or 1007<<<da new bios release

wire trick ? is it hard? are you talking about modifying my motherboard?

do a search of the forums for wiretrick, it is not modifying anything, just dropping a little wire into the cpu socket, so that 2 pins of the cpu make contact when inserted into the socket.

Back