• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Replaced ECS L7S7A2 with Biostar M7NCD pro

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

PDL

It is early in the switch to make too many judgements, but so far, so good!
The install into the case went fine but on first try it would not start. Turned out to be the AGP card not fully seated. Something I discovered when installing was that the AGP slot is designed such that you have to rock the card into the slot after sliding the hook part at the back of the card into the slot. I did not like that idea because there is too much chance of tearing the foil ends at the edge of the card. So, I cut the hook off. I have not checked to see if all 4x AGP cards have that hook at the end. After seating the card properly it started but took a long time at the logo screen. After about 2 minutes it went into the bios and I was pleased with all the settings available. One thing that was disappointing was the multipliers are not all available. For my TBred 2100 I have 13-18 only. I may have to fix that by installing a switch later.
I also had a problem with the HDD but that was because I had it set for MASTER instead of SINGLE. Too much switching stuff around today and I forgot to check. This was the cause of the long delays because it was trying to resolve the HDD issue and had the logo screen up during that time and I could not see what was happening.
Anyway, I will work on it some more tomorrow.
I was wondering who else has this board and who would want to see an in-depth review on it. There doesn't seem to be too much info or reviews out there on this board.
Let me know so I can continue taking notes or just keep it to myself.:)

This is a great database of information, by all means please continue! You never know when someone will buy this same mobo and want information on it...go ahead write the book!

:)

Actually I think it's great to comment on boards like Biostar/Jetway, etc. Not many reviews exist, and no one really knows how these inexpensive boards hold up. I know the prices on some of those Biostar boards are quite attractive, but I've never felt like taking a bet on the quality and long term stability/reliability.

Keep us informed!

The price WAS one of the determining factors in the purchase.
I will continue with my notes as I run the system through the paces. I have had good fortune with the ECS K7S5A board and still run 2 of them as main systems. Unfortunately the L7S7A2 was not up to the same price/reliability standard, so it gets retired. I think the move by Biostar into the NF2 chipset may have been a turning point for them. But still, time will tell if the system holds up.

Back