• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

no sound from a7n8x deluxe

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Evan

Registered
put my first system together yestarday and its working great, i have my amd 2500+ running at 3200+ levels my sata is working great video is silky smooth and everything else is just perfect except for one thing... i have no sound. any suggestions?

Check the bios if onboard sound is enabled. Dp you have a 'working' installation of nforce2?
That's all I can think of right now. Anyone else?

PS: I assume you have checked the mixer panel: Volum is more then 0%, mute disabled...

I had the same problem with my setup. What speakers do you have? I have those boston ones from Gateway. I had to change the speaker wire plug to a regular analog adapter since Gateway had the subwoofer using the digital input. Also when you set everything up, make sure analog only is selected. Digital won't work unless you have digital speakers.

everything is working fine now, the problem was the speakers from my old gateway only work on sound blaster cards or some nonsense. ill be using my headphones instead for a while now

Back