• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Best Overclocker with nforce2 IGP

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Quailane

What board do you guys think is the best nforce2 IGP board for overclocking? I had 189FSB stable on my shuttle MN31N, but I couldn't change voltages or multipliers. High fsb is nice. I could boot into windows at 195fsb on the shuttle, but games would crash about once every hour at 192. I would like something that I can set multipliers and voltages on more than a high fsb, because we all know that top-end cpu power is better than more bandwidth in most cases. I'm going to reuse my ram, so I don't want it to go to waste too bad. Just tell me what you guys think.

*edit* Oh yeah, one more thing- I really don't care about special features on the motherboard at all. On my shuttle, which had them all except SATA, raid, and dual bioses, I never used any of them. I have boards with MCP and I couldn't tell the difference between that and the mcp-t sound from my motherboard.

*edit* One more thing- I'm really liking the gigabyte dual bios after my bios debacle on my MN31N. Just a thought.

Last edited:
I would say the Abit NF7-M would be pretty good, but I haven't heard how good it overclocks..

Back