• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

how much loss would I get out of htis set up

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

DayUSeX

i have an ehiem 1250 and a dual 120mm heatercore so here is my problem.

Easiest and cleanest way is to go RAD ->Pump->NB->CPU1->CPU2
Would CPU 2 be noticably hotter than CPU 1

preferable i though it would go RAD->CPU1->cpu2->NB->Pump but is really really hard to do in my case

what do you think, is it wroth the extra degress to do it the "preferd" way or is it all just the same in the end??

You want the Radiator to be before the CPU blocks, and i think that putting the NB first, would really kill the flow to the cpu blocks.

Compromise :D

Try to make it RAD->Pump->CPU1->CPU2->NB

actually you probably won't notice more then a 1c difference between the first and second cpu using RAD ->Pump->NB->CPU1->CPU2
You might actually have better results using the easiest and cleanest way because of less tubing, giving you better water flow.
if you disagree visit..
http://www.ocforums.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=257434
and read cathar's post. He shows how much a 35watt pump will heat up the water, a cpu is usually 70watts, 100 at most.

If

RAD ->Pump->NB->CPU1->CPU2

is the easiest, and the best is

RAD->CPU1->cpu2->NB->Pump

Isn't it just backwards, can't you just flip the pump around to make it the "best way"?

Back