• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Lots of qest about IC7M3

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Schroinx

Registered
Well, I'll try to do this structured.

1) Anyone know what brand the OTES fan is and it's specifications? I wonder about it is worthwhile to shift it with a Papst 5,9 CFM@19db.

2) My [email protected] seems stabile in Sandra Burn-in and CPU Stability test and playing CS but when I run 2x Prime one returns a fault. Should I step down?

3) My temps range from 41 idle to 58 under load with Thermalright SLK947 and a 35,9 CFM papst fan. Case is 27 deg. Is this high?

4) In Motherboard Monitor there is 3 temps, all affected under full load. Anyone who knows what the 3rd one is?

5) I hate lights with no purpose. Anyone tried to disassemble the OTES cover to turn off the "##%"¤&"%"¤ green LEDS?

Edit:
6) Is there any adwantage running with the beta bios out there? Running with the latest final version as of now.

1) The OTES mainly cools the voltage regulators and mosfets. I doubt you'll see any noticeable gains by upgrading the fan. Now if you were using a Prescott, that would be a different story.

2) Perhaps you need more vcore? Not sure since you didn't post what you are running. If you are still at default voltage, then you might need to bump it up a little. If you are already running higher vcore, then you might need to change something else (like RAM timing or GAT setting or something like that).

3) Your load CPU temps seem a little high for that heatsink. The IC7 does report a little higher temps, but still you might need to address case ventilation a little better.

4) If you are asking about the PWM temp, that's a sensor on the mobo near the voltage regulator and power mosfets. The OTES should be cooling that area of the system.

5) Sorry, no idea. Guess you could just paint over the LEDs if they bug ya.

6) I've used beta BIOS updates before, whether it helps you or not depends on what problems are fixed by that particular update. Generally, I wait for the official BIOS updates nowadays. There are usually still minor bugs in the betas.

Thx for info.
1) I would do it to cut down on noise but still keep everything cooled appropriately.

2) Vcore is set to 1.60 and reported to 1.57. RAM is run at 1:1
ration with SPD timings. GAT Settings?

3) I think its because the AS 2 I had around is quite old. I'll get some AS5. Case cooling is done by 2 120mm Panaflo in and one 120mm PSU + 2 80mm out. Tempreports for the case temp in MBM is the same idle/load. Almost. And also was the same with side panels off.

4) OK.

5) I'll take the thing apart and disconnect it.

6) Ok.

Feel free to mod the OTES. If you are successful, post your results. GAT settings are the 5 options below RAM timings on the Advance Chipset BIOS menu. Try these settings... auto,auto,auto,disable,disable. Also make sure your PCI/AGP is set to "fix" and "33/66". Maybe try bumping up the vcore one more notch.

Did bump the voltage to 1.625. It seems to be better, but I'll let the thing run overnight to test. However the temp goes up to CPU/61 Case/29 Sensor3/OTES/38 with the otes set @100% in Speedfan. Maybe I should bump the voltage for the case fans to 7V or 12V :D

I'd pull that heatsink and check the thermal paste footprint, clean it up and reapply with some fresh AS. Make sure it's securely and squarely mounted. Low 60's load temp is starting to get a tad high, even considering Abit reads a bit higher than other mobos. Organize those cables inside the case to improve air flow. If you have your fans running through a speed controller, bump up the RPM a notch.

I just found out about that the fluctuations in Vcore might have something to do with my PSU. I thought that it was a Fortron based thingy but it seems as is comes from a low quality producer. That sucks. How do I fry a PSU to get it replaced under warranty? Anyone?

Back