• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Cheeper overclocking ram

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Nukemall

No Classified access for me
Cheaper overclocking ram

I want to overclock my system but since I'm not very confident with the ram i dint think i want to mess around with it too much. Everyone recommends the Bh-5 but its really expensive around $250/gig is there any good cheaper stuff out there that might not be as good of an overclocker but will still preform well. I'm planing to either use it with a 2.4c +ic7 or a 2500 Mobile+ nf7 mobile tho I'm still undecided on which one

Last edited:
if u want some cheap overclocking ram for an ic7 and 2.4c, get some kingston valueram with the bh6 chips(not easily found) or the fairly common bt-d43 chips. the bh6 runs around 230-240 at 2-2-2-5 (needs lots of voltage) , it is great for 5/4 ratio oc'ing. the bt-d43 runs real hi -1-1 (around 260-265+) doesnt need massive voltage and can reach latencies of 2.5-4-4-7. also my other favorite is the komusa pc4200 hyperram with the adata chips. all 3 are pretty inexpensive , 2x256 of the valueram can be bought for 50.00-100.00 depending on rebates. 2x512 between 150-200. the hyperram is 69.00 a 256 stick and about 240 a gig,2x512. if u want to run hi 1-1 id go with the hyperram cause it is common for the 2.4c's to run 280-285, and the bt-d43 valuram normally wont run that hi.

Here is a recent thread about BH-5 availability, but it's sort of getting expensive.

http://www.ocforums.com/showthread.php?threadid=274240

For a long time I was recommending Kingston HyperX PC3000 because it had BH-5 chips and around Christmas time was selling 2X512 for $200, but now I'm hearing some recent reports that it might not have the BH-5 chips anymore. Apparently some does and some don't. It's still rated the same 2,2,2,6 timing and hasn't gone up too much... now $207 for a gig.

http://www.newegg.com/app/ViewProductDesc.asp?description=20-144-124&catalog=147&depa=1

I was hoping i could find some ok ram in the 150 range but it dosent look like that will happen

geil rocks! it just that i dont have a good cooling but i can raise up to 295 fsb! :D

iv been hearing a lot about geil ram (tho it might be just 1 guy lol) it might be worth a shout, tho as a 1st time oc'er it might not be the best stuff to start on

Any links to these comments? I haven't seen or heard any recent results with Geil RAM that would make me want to recommend it over other alternatives.

Back