• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Anyone kno how loud are Iwaki waterpumps?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Iwaki MD pumps have a low-volume turbine whine to them. Sitting on a table you can hear it quite well. I have my Iwaki MD30-RZ sitting inside an MDF radiator box and cannot hear it at all. If I turn everything off in the room I still can't make it out. If I then turn the pump off, I can notice the difference in the room's background noise level, but I couldn't say that I could clearly identify the pump's noise when inside the box.

So basically noisier than an Eheim, but not annoying, and if placed within an enclosure, you are unlikely to noticably hear it at all.

Hmm probably just gonna get an Eheim then for noise qualities.

Cathar said:
Iwaki MD pumps have a low-volume turbine whine to them. Sitting on a table you can hear it quite well. I have my Iwaki MD30-RZ sitting inside an MDF radiator box and cannot hear it at all. If I turn everything off in the room I still can't make it out. If I then turn the pump off, I can notice the difference in the room's background noise level, but I couldn't say that I could clearly identify the pump's noise when inside the box.

So basically noisier than an Eheim, but not annoying, and if placed within an enclosure, you are unlikely to noticably hear it at all.

are they much noisier than comprable eheims? iirc an md30 draws 1260 ish levels of power??

I swear I can't hear my MD-20RLT. Much much quieter than my L30, and I'd like to say I've got pretty attuned ears.

Back