• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Problems OC a7n8x and 2800, Help!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Caligula

Hello There,

My first post here, I'm Liam in Toronto, Canada.

The system is a :
Avn8x rev. 2 1007bios
2800 retail
2x512 ddr400 Samsung chips
80 gig 8mg buffer
Geforce 440
Burners

The system runs ok at default, at first boot I only changed the fsb to 166 and it showed the 2800 from 1250.
Now I'm trying to up the system a bit and having problems, first I tryed to up it to 200x12.5 and after saving the bios it wouldn't reboot, I had to shut it off and then i got 1250 mgz again.
So I reduced it to 10.5x200 and the same thing no reboot.
I set it at 166x13 thinking only a half point increase would be tolerated, but no it wouln't reboot and it shows 1250 mgz on restart.
I haven't changed any settings in the bios, just the multiplier and the fsb, cause i'm not sure whats the best way to go about this.
Can someone please tell me exact bios settings to crank this up a bit, I don't want to push it to the extreme. But why can't I get nothing at all? Are settings posted somewhere? I hope I ddn't get a dud motherboard.
Thanks kindy for any help or pointers
Liam

It sounds like ur chip is locked. Unfortunatly the newer XPs are locked (cept for the mobile chips).

In otherwords you will never be able to change the multiplier. You will only be able to bump the FSB

Thanks guys, I'm able to increase the fsb slowly. I'm going to look up and see if chip can be modded.

if i were u i would also test max oc and stability with the various bios revs out there (including the uber bios revs)...

in my case i had to revert back to uber1004 to run over 200fsb. not too impressed by this board.

link to the uber bios page...

Last edited:
Hey Banyan,

Really appreciate the link and the ideas, I will certainly try that. I haven't reached 190 yet going rally slow and watching temp.
I also really like Monica................ :)

Back