• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

JIUHB Vcore+FSB Question

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

BLIssID

Hey guys, i just want to clear something up.
ok so right now i'm running at 220x7.5 on my 1700,JIUHB(Just testing how high i can get the FSB. chip can do 2.4ghz on air)

now at this speed i need to bump the Vcore a bit to be stable at 220fsb.

here are some other settings i tested:

215x7.5 @ 1.5vcore. prime95 pass(ran for 11hrs)
220x7.5 @ 1.5vcore. prime95 Fail(ran for 1hr)
220x7.5 @ 1.55vcore. prime95 Fail(ran for 6hrs)

all other voltages were maxed out for all these tests. 2.9vdimm, 1.7vdd.

looks like i'm getting close to the CPU's max FSB, or am i forgetting to do something? i'm going to go try 1.65vcore at 220FSB and see how long i can stay stable. But i never heard of giving a CPU this big of a Vcore boost for a higher stable FSB, especially on a 1700JIUHB. what are your thoughts? :confused:

i forgetting to do something?
L12 mod. Search on google for "Pinmod"

FSB is not neccerarly limited by the chip. Its most likely that ur mobo is the cause.

Or it could be the RAM. Id run memtest86 to be sure that my RAM hasnt crapped out.

As for the clock speed it takes 1.825 (BIOS) for my 1800XP to be pri10 on P95 stable @ 2.45ghz

You may have similar results.

nope not the memory, ran memtest for 6 hours no errors.

i ran prime95 last night with 1.65vcore and it failed in about 4 hours.

i'm gonna try DIMM slots 1&3 and see if that helps at all. right now i'm using 2&3.

Back