• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Amd XP 1800+ Voltage Problems

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

CZmanz19

hey i just purchased an amd xp 1800+ and a biostar M7NCD mobo. I went into bios and went to overclock it and couldnt find voltage. It has award bios and i have updated them. Is is possible that this board doesnt support overlocking the vcore. If it does are there any programs out there that can. Right now its at 1.9 but i wish i could get it higher. Thanks for the help

I think you need the Pro version of that board for multiplier and voltage control. I'm not too sure though. And no, there aren't any programs that can give you higher voltage.
You can on the otherhand either connect some bridges on the chip, or do a wire trick to increase your vcore.
Either way is not too hard. But the wire trick is safer, when you tripple check you put it in the correct pin holes.
Check out this site, it'll help you:
http://www.ocinside.de/index_e.html?/html/main_workshop.html

ok, im going to do the pin-mod and wanted to know if there are any precautions that i need know of before completing this. Also, is 1.8 enough vcore or should i go higher/lower. I am cooling with an volcano 12 so temps wont be that much of a problem

1.85 is the highest you can go without actually modding your motherboard. and unless you get bad cooling then 1.85v should not be a problem.
Only check and then recheck you inserted the wire into the correct pin holes, and use really thin wire, like a single strand from a speaker wire.
I've done these mods and they are pretty easy to do.

Back