• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

NF7-S rev2.0 with 2500 barton

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

fujimi

Registered
My temp is at 50c +- and Im just running a few programs. my pc shuts down if i run UT or play any game while running. it seems to idle at 49c or 48c. Can anyone help? everything in the bios is at default. i had to cut a small piece off the hsf to make it fit on the MB, so im not sure if its because i cut the piece that its not fitting on tight enough and causing this heat problem.. I notice that one of the members here have a zalman installed on the same board i have but his is alcu and mines all cu. not sure if he had to cut anything but his is running alot cooler then mines and he did OC his. And I did not OC mines and its running this hot. :(
http://www.ocforums.com/showthread.php?s=&postid=2678664#post2678664
thx
NF7s rev2.0
2500 barton 333fsb w/ zalman cnps 7000-cu
2x 512mb pc3500 muskin
gf3 ti200:(

Try remounting it. Do you have a fan blowing air over it? That's a must. Also, make sure you used the proper amount of thermal paste.

huh

johan851 said:
Try remounting it. Do you have a fan blowing air over it? That's a must. Also, make sure you used the proper amount of thermal paste.

what the proper amount .. dime size? smaller.. drop.. etc.
i usually put a little on and smear it over the HSF. thin like a small post-it. i got a 120mm fan blocwing over it. its the zalman cnps 7000-cu
its a really big hsf

The proper amount is just a little bead - no more than the size of maybe half a BB. Put a paper thin layer over your core. Then make sure that the heatsink is mounted properly, and not backwards or anything.

Fujimi:

Double check on HS mount and AS?

I had the new NF7-S rev 2.0 board and I too experienced HIGH TEMPS!!!

I saw an increase of 10C.

I RMA my Abit board and return to my Asus. Temps are much lower than the new Abits.

yea i have 2500+ and NF7-S and my temps were around 47c idle. i just remounted and reapplied AS and its all good now. for the barton core i just used like a pinheads worth of AS, then used a razor blade to spread it thin and even. worked great, i idle at 36c now.

Back