• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

pc 3700 hyperram

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

mobyj

Registered
I have the fsb at 225 and everything else is on auto, how do I change the ratio for this? can someone give me some settings to try? I'm a little confused with the ratio thing! temps are good- idle is 30c and load is 40c on air!

Under the Dram Freq. its gonna be on Auto highlight it and hit enter and it will bring up 400, 333, 266...

400 = 1:1 divider
333 = 5:4 divider
266 = 3:2 divider

Set it to 1:1 divider because your RAM is still underclocked and if you have problems during windows or booting after you set this increase Vdimm which is located as Vddr voltage or something like that

Ok, it's set to 1:1 and 225 fsb. should I go hifher with the fsb? and how do i test it? I ran prime95 (1 instance) for an hour with no errors before the 1:1 but i should use 2 instances right!! but i don't know how to do 2.. i have mam and turbo on in the bios. I can tell it makes a difference when i up the fsb...

1 instance of prime should be more then enough...try to up the FSB to 233 which will bring you to the memory's stock speed...if not successful up the Vcore a tad bit also raising your Vdimm

Sophisticated, you are a big help!! thanks.. I will let you know..

No problem sophisticated, it fired right up!! should i check it with prime before doing anything else?

so your running at 233FSB?? at what Vcore & what Vdimm?? but be4 you proceed to anything else it is best to torture your computer to see if its stable..

I'm at stock or auto vcore and vdimm! the are set to auto.. i will run prime and post back..

Great. if you have any instabilities set your Vdimm off of Auto and set to highest which will be somewhere around 2.8-2.85 and if you still have instabilities bump the Vcore up a notch also

At 233 and everything set to auto prime ran 6 1/2 hours before it had an error. so i'll up the vdimm and try again, will post back..

Well, that didn't make cense!! I changed the vdimm from auto (6 hours prime) to 2.75 and it only primed for 2 hours.. What up with that?? Is 6 1/2 hours prime long enough? I changed the vdimm to the highest 2.85 and I uped the vcore to 1.650 so we will see what happens.. maybe i should go back to auto!!

Back