• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

This bh-5 ?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Spydeymon, how is it going?

I see you're using that list that I linked. I can't swear by it, but so far it seems right. I've read some good reviews on that ram but don't have any first hand knowledge so I can't vouche for it. If you haven't done so already, go to newegg, locate the product and then check out the "Resources" section which has links to reviews.

How does that Canadian price compare to the price at ZipZoom, etc??? I don't have any knowledge of the exchange rate. Remember, these guys DO ship to Canada. Here is a link to this ram at their store. By the way, I don't get a commission from these guys, its just that I have bought from them and other than the fact that they don't get it to you as fast as newegg (does anybody?), they're pretty decent and, more important to you, they ship to Canada (did I mention that already?). I broke down and ordered some of the PC3000 from them last night, so now its my turn to sweat it out while I wait for the BH-5.

http://www.zipzoomfly.com/jsp/ProductList.jsp?ThirdCategoryCode=011118&SortBy=B&Brand=KINGSTON

Good luck with your search.

Well unless they haven't sold much of this ram in the past six months it will be CH-5. Running Cas 2 and running 2,2,2,X at 434mhz is a whole different thing. CH-5 will run CAS 2 but 95% of the time won't run 2,2,2,X at 434. But if the company has a good return policy then go for it if you want but I wouldn't count on it being BH-5.

Hey Spydeymon,

I went back to the site and actually looked at the currency coverter that pops up when you first visit. It converted the price to just under $84 US so its pretty close to the ZZF price. It did find it cheaper here US $72) and this place probably doesn't sell as much of it so it might have older stock AND they WILL ship to Canada and they take Canadian credit cards, if that makes any difference (a gig maybe???).

http://www.directron.com/khx3500256.html

Good luck dude,

Let us know how it turns out if you do buy some. The stuff I bought, PC3000, ought to be here next week, but I'm putting it in a rig that's not finished yet so unless I pop it in something else, I might not be able to report back for a little while.

Hey, I forgot to ask. What did you end up doing with the Ultra and TigerDirect? Are they going to be decent and give you your money back?

As far as I know, Kingston didnt make 3500 with bh-5. Actually I'm almost positive they didnt. Just 3000 and 3200 are bh-5. If they did then I would of got some long time ago.

And finding bh-5 anywhere other than on these forums and ebay is going to be extremly hard.

Good luck hunting.

Xstatic,

Did you check out the link to the Winbond list? It is the second link at the start of this thread. I found that list in a google search that I did about a week ago. I am still trying to see just how accurate it is, but so far it has been pretty good.

Have you actually popped off the spreaders on KHX PC3500 and seen something other than BH-5, or are you going of hearsay? I'm not trying to be argumentative, just trying to verify the stuff on the list.

As far as not finding BH-5 at places other than e-bay, there's plenty of BH-5 still in stores, it just either pricey or no one knows what they've got. Check out the post by the fellow (swifty77) that got it as a substitute for some ordered PC3000 just within the last few days if you want an example of that. Heck, its even in some valueram. Granted, its not being manufactured anymore, but it didn't just disappear from the face of the earth the day after production stopped.

Last edited:
Reefa_Madness said:
Hey, I forgot to ask. What did you end up doing with the Ultra and TigerDirect? Are they going to be decent and give you your money back?

i sent them back on friday and i spoke to someone from ultra and t/d on confrence they guy from ultra said if it doesnt do 2-3-2-5 its defective so i got a case # and i sent it back :) hopefully i get my money back by next monday so i can order someting else all my credir cards are maxed at the moment :)

Back