• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Condensation ,Insulation (pics)

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

EvilTool

Registered
I have two water blocks hooked up to a water bath . Well the coldest I can go without condensation forming on the blocks is 17C . I would like to insulate the blocks so water doesnt drip on any of my PC parts . Is there a guide or any pre made parts that I can use ? Ive included some pics of what the blocks look like at 1.0C.

./

CPU block

Attachments

• cpu bock 1.0c.jpg
    cpu bock 1.0c.jpg
    42.5 KB · Views: 529
Vid block

Attachments

• video card 1.0.jpg
    video card 1.0.jpg
    47.1 KB · Views: 526
you are gonna have to insulate those hoses too because they will drip on your stuff.

For TEC's yea...

Your going to have to use neoprene or pipewrap or foam or something and cut it your self and stick it on somehow.

Is that a watercooled PSU? Good luck insulating that.

Thanks for the replys , Devil_909 I'm definatley planning on insulating those hoses. Do you have any suggestions on the best way to do it ?

DOH, I cant believe I missed the precut insulation at Dangerdens site. Thanks for the heads up wannaoc.

To answer your ? afireinside about it being a water cooled PSU . The answer is no, that box in the pics is my water chiller but it sure does look like a PC. I'm actually thinking about painting it to match my PC.

It's called a water bath . You can buy them from most places that sell Lab equipment.

Attachments

• 1 PC a water chiller.JPG
    1 PC a water chiller.JPG
    47.5 KB · Views: 138
  • MBM5 and CPUZ at 2800.jpg
    MBM5 and CPUZ at 2800.jpg
    54.7 KB · Views: 140
hehe cool i like how your MBM MHz guage is all the way over the redline ;)

also, can I get the model number of your waterbath please. i looked around and there are very expensive ones for like 1000$. How much was yours? Thanks!

Nicko3k, I didnt even notice the MHZ redline but I think it does that even when its not OCed. one place for water baths Mines not listed here anymore since its about 10 years old. I would suggest these or Neslab's both are very good with alot of options.

zeroKlvn, It uses a compressor not pelts. This thing can pretty much handle any load I throw at it and stay stable. You asked about temps water or CPU ?

ahh i see. looks good.
i didn't even realize that in your pic; i thought it was a computer and the chiller was just that little box. Makes sense now :)
so how much did you pay for yours? looks expensive!

I used foam insulation tape. I bought from a local HVAC shop. I used up a single 25' roll in the process.

cooler7.jpg

Around the socket I used neoprene foam that I purchased from Dangerden and plenty of dialetric grease.

hi guys

Im a refrigeration tech in NE NYS. Im thinkin about makin some water chillers & other computer cooling systems. I want to do this for the fun of it. Im not much of an overclocker YET but im a dern good refrig mechanic :)

How much seems reasonable to pay for a water chiller designed for your PC? How cold would u really want it?

I cant find water pumps, where can i buy water pumps?

thanks in advance

Back