• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

1st timer overclocker with a problem Please Help Me!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Gahzi

Hey Guys this is my first time in the forum and i just started to oc my pc and iv come up with a problem. My computer has begun to restart randomnly out of no reason whenever im playing games or wathcing movies or etc.

I don't know how to fix this problem (im thinking either cpu,ram,power suppy or maybe i oc'd it wrong) but il give u my specs and if u want to know.

Ps: before my pc restarted alot when i had 2 antec led fans on my pci slot but now that i took them off it doesn't restart as much as it used to.

Here are my specs:

Locked AMD 2500+ Barton @ 3200+ (200X11)
asus a7n8x-e Deluxe
Kingston Hyper X pc3500 dual channel 512
ati 9800 pro
Antec True Blue 380W PS
Zalman Cu Copper Heatsink (the flower one)

my cpu voltage is at 1.650
my ram voltage is at 2.6
my timmings are default 2-3-3-8
and my temps are 36 defrees celsious for cpu and 16 for mobo on asus probe

and yet i still can't seem to figure out the problem, it is really annoying me cause i just recently bought this pc and it only started to do this once i oc'd my pc once i got my heatsink. Please gimme a hand guys

Thanks for your time:)

u see i tried that but it kept crashing on me

and yet my friend who has the same specs as i do can achieve 200fsb with 11 multipler and with stock heatsink

Ok an odd thing that I found one day when my comp started doing that, is I took off my HS and fan. There was some dust around the processor, and as soon I cleaned it up and reapplied....my restarting stopped. I also cleaned out my HS and fan (but I doubt that was the cause). Do you get some temp spikes at all?

sounds like your power supply isnt quite up to the task. when you are overclocking you put can put lots of stress on your power supply.

im gettin the same problems, puter restarts when a game is on, i have a antec smart blue 350w, it just started doin this after i started running my videocard of the antec again and not an external powersupply. This might not work for u but to save a little power unplug the radeon's powerwire and hook it up to another psu, its gonna be ghetto havin a psu outside ur case but it fixed my problem till i get up 100 buks for a real big psu

yes dust could have been shorting your cpu. Dust is bad!! you dont want dust!! It can short electronics!! Clean your case of dust people!

Back