• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Plumbings Done... Finally finished after 2 months

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Ri0

Plumbings Done... Finally finished after 2 months - Pics!

Nothing's as cool as water. My first setup and I have to thank this forum for guiding me. Already have ideas for my next setup when I build an AMD64 next year. It sure was fun.

Pics are below, so scroll down.

Thank you for hosting theem Sophisticated! I appreciate it. :)

Last edited:
P6031.JPG

P6033.JPG

That chieftech case's front bezel is completely filtred. I had to buy a black CX01 case and take the bezel from it and mod it to fit my Dragon case. So a DX case and a CX front Bezel. No dust in my case :).

I first tested the blocks on my old ASUS A7N8X for leaks and to see how quiet the pump was. I did vibrate so I came up with the idea to now let it touch the case. I then installed everything on my NF7-S

The suspended L30 is fine like that. It is light and the cleaflex has no problem holding it off the Res and BIX. I don't even know it is running this was without checking the res.

I've improved my OC by 400Mhz, so I am very pleased. Had only one small leak that plumbers goop fixed nicely. Hope you enjoyed.

Last edited:
looking good... I personally would be worried about the pump putting excess pressure on that brittle acrylic res. But if its holding up then more power to you. Suspension is a good way to get rid of vibration noise.

How did you get that bezel to work on that case? Aren’t the slots for the sliders that fit on the sides of the drives different? I know because I tried using one of those bezels on my older Chieftec Dragon case because I wanted the front audio/USB/Firewire.

That looks cool, the plumbing job looks very tidy. However I would mount that pump so that you don't place strain on the connections.. and so that it doesn't bang into stuff during transport!

nice work there, chief. one thing, the stuff wrapped around your pump might decrease noise, but if your pump works hard, it produces a lot of heat, and that wrapping is causing it to heat up more than normal, also, the heat escapes fromt the pump through the water more than it would if it were unwrapped (not that much, but some).

a better idea might be to make a really cushy pad, and rest the pump on that. that way, pump only is touching it on one side, and can be air cooled.

otherwise, ,awesome job!

what oc's have u gotten with it compared to the exact same setup with air?

Shadowcat said:
That looks cool, the plumbing job looks very tidy. However I would mount that pump so that you don't place strain on the connections.. and so that it doesn't bang into stuff during transport!

This case is never moving. That is what my SN45G is for ;)

TheMightyBuck said:
what oc's have u gotten with it compared to the exact same setup with air?

I was at 2.3 before, but even that was at 55C with my SLK900. I'm at 2.6 and have goten it past 2.7. I like 2.6 as is nice and stable.

I decided to remove the foam around the pump itself as I didn't really need it. It was intended to be the holster to hang the pump from until I realized that there was no problem at all suspending it the way it is. Removing the foam did nothing in lowering my temps and the pump is still inaudible.

Back