• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

OCZ 3500 EB, not living up to expectations?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Docta_Z

I'm trying to hit 240 at least wtih my setup.

I'm seriously stumped. I expected this OCZ 3500 EB stuff to push me to 240 at least... but I'm not even stable running 236 at 3-3-3-11 or 3-4-3-11. Past that it gets pointless as my memory bandwidth goes to crapola.

Right now:
Mobile XP 2600 @ 230x11,
NF7-S R2.0 -> tictac's D10 4x4 Turbo, (CPC disabled I believe...)
1024 mb of OCZ PC-3500 EB @ 2.5-3-2-8,
OCZ DDR Booster

NB is at 1.7
Ram has been tested at 2.9, 3.0, 3.1, 3.2 with no difference.

I've tried other bioses - D10 variants are the only ones I've found to keep me stable at ~230.

Do I have ANY sort of chance to hit 240? I'm really getting annoyed.

It's only rated up to 215MHz, so I don't know why you're complaining. Besides, A64 motherboards get much higher frontside bus speeds than AXP boards. For an NF7-S, 230MHz is pretty high.

compared to other results it's a mediocre overclock to what seems to be the expectation with this ram.

uhhhh.... those are pretty typical results for an amd setup there. it goes up and above 250 in a lot of p4 setups though.

flapperhead said:
those mb's dont really hang with the a64 and 875 mb's as far as fsb speed. remember these modules were designed for the 875 chipset in mind..

Point taken.

Thanks.

Docta_Z said:
Point taken.

Thanks.

u are quite welcome my friend. i gotta tell u i am an intel guy right now but im extremely impressed with the speeds coming out of these new a64 boards.
u might want to consider one of those setups..

Back