• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

G4 Storm or TDX

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

dfx

Registered
TDX user here
Is it worth switching to G4 Storm
In your own opinion which one perform better

The Storm does better than the Cascade SS, according to Cathar's tests. I doubt Procooling will find much of a difference.

Then again it is all according to your priorities. As cathar will insist, the Cascade SS and Storm blocks, namely his experiments in silver are mostly just that: experiments. They are mainly for his interest and due to the costs involved, are not really practical for the average, non-addicted user. This is in no way demeaning them, they are most assuredly the finest blocks in existence, but it is a question of $50 for X temps or $250 for X - 3 temps( I dont recollect exactly, but its minimal.)

Personally, while I have great admiration for anything done with the utmost quality and effort, I'm just a poor college student and $40 for a swifty is about as high as I can go. At my flow rate, the SS is only 1 degree cooler than my cheap little 6002 (Procooling's chart) However, if you have the means and are totally immersed in this, as most of us are, go for it. :thup: :thup:

:cool:

The Storm blocks become more of a thing of a better OC than better temps. If I remember correctly, the Storm is going to cool "hotspots" on your CPU better than a cheaper block like the WW or 6002. This

Prelude: Cathar, no offense is intended, I am just growing weary of these fan-boy responses.

wait for the review from www.procooling.com to see how it really stacks up.

Its about time someone other than myself came to that conclusion.

The Storm does better than the Cascade SS, according to Cathar's tests.

Sigh.... Did you buy a Mac during their "Fastest PC ever" ad campaign?

I doubt Procooling will find much of a difference.

This will undoubtably be true, but until then, OPINIONS should not be expressed as FACTS.

Guderian said:
This will undoubtably be true, but until then, OPINIONS should not be expressed as FACTS.

Was I coming off as Factual? I was trying not to :( I appolizige if I put too much faith in Cathar's own tests so that I come off as "Fanboy"ish. I hate sounding like that more than anything else.

Back