• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Help me get 1T

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Comp. B

Registered
I have 2 512mb sticks of Corsair XMS PC4000PRO, and I am having trouble with stability at 1T. I can run SuperPI just fine (this brings my normal score of 35s to 32) but when it cannot pass Prime. I have set it at the highest my BIOS lets me (2.85) and I still cannot get it to pass Prime. I am thinking its my timings, which I have little to no clue about what they mean. I was hoping you guys could help me adjust them.

cpuzram.png

It randomly exits BF:V at TRAS 8 so I'm gonna change it to 9....

Well I can't run memtest, my floppy drive won't read for some reason, so I can't make the boot disk. Tras 9 makes it unstable...and this memory obviously doesn't overclock too well. What type of memory, doesn't matter what speed so long as I have a good chance of hitting 260mhz and 1T, would you recommend?

try making the Bootable CD version of memtest.

it's not easy to hit 260 + 1T with Athlon64 with more than 1 stick of doublesided memory.

Comp. B said:
Well I can't run memtest, my floppy drive won't read for some reason, so I can't make the boot disk. Tras 9 makes it unstable...and this memory obviously doesn't overclock too well. What type of memory, doesn't matter what speed so long as I have a good chance of hitting 260mhz and 1T, would you recommend?

You should look in to ram with TCCD chips. If you get some OCZ stuff which is like 100% handpicked goodness you should be able to do it at CAS2.5 or lower and either 2,3 or 3,2 for the other 2 settings.

^^ It's true it's gonna be an uphill battle but hell that's why we're overclockers.

Comp. B said:
Well I can't run memtest, my floppy drive won't read for some reason,
Tryt flipping the floppy cable u might have put in on backwards.Put the end u have in the floppy in the mobo and viceversa :)

I'm certain I did that correctly...I had this same problem with my last mobo. Its a moot point since I made a boot CD-ROM...no errors at stock.

What specific model of OCZ would you suggest?

I did some searching on newegg and I found some PC4000 EL Gold Rev 2 that is supposed to do 2.5-3-3...would that be something I should be interested in? I'm not too keen on running with a divider or else I would get some PC3200 with 2-2-2-5 timings.

TCCD is actually 4ns. It's possible that the OCZ EL PC4000 is using the same IC's. depending on the price, it's up to you if you want to pay more for it. FWIW, the OCZ EL PC3200 rev2 will get to PC4000 speeds pretty easily.

Well, I think I'll just take my chances with PC3200 then...I've heard that the A64s don't lose that much performance when using a divider so I guess I will be able to cut my losses.

Back