• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

USB Floppy- Plug and Play, or Plug and Pray?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

diggingforgold

I was wondering if Windows XP Pro will detect a USB floppy during installation, and allow me to install my RAID drivers from it.

Only one computer I have has a floppy drive installed, and I don't intend on installing any more in any future rigs. I thought 1 portable USB floppy would be a good alternative for all the PC's I work with now and in the future, since I never use one except to install Windows.

So will that work?

It's usually the case that if your motherboard can recognize it as a bootable device, then Windows XP can read from it.
The versions of Windows XP that I use install RAID drivers automatically though.

I prefer to simply burn system-essential files onto a CD. Faster than a floppy, especially if you're trying to boot from it.

Yeah but XP won't let me load drivers from anything else other than a floppy when I install... And of course, the MS approved drivers don't work. Figures :rolleyes: Non-approved drivers for it works, but approved driver doesnt.

Back