• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

IRQL NOT EQUAL blue screen of death?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

boostdfd3s

Disabled
hey every1,
started oc'ing my system knowing that windows was unstable (switched out mobos three times on same install, along with ram size and speed, and cpu, and did a bios update) And now that ive finished, im getting BSOD's after ive ran prime and burned-in my cpu a few times. The error is IRQL_NOT_EQUAL....what does that mean? is it my ram, mobo, what?

Usually an undervolted or too far overclocked cpu. try bumping up the voltage or dropping the fsb a tad.

If you are doing that many changes of mo boards on the same install I suggest a fresh install. Of course do the install at default speed and voltages. Then try your overclocking. That blue screen is often asociated with hardware issues or a major driver problem. I dont know the specs of you system but if this is a small overclock chances are you did not or cannot lock the AGP/PCI speeds to 66/33 respectively. Just a couple ideas. . . hope it helps

Z

nforce2 board so ive got the AGP/PCI lock under control. I think it was just major driver issues and XP whining about my switching mobos. Did a repair install and going to see how that pans out.

im having this problem where i cant install winxp on my dads computer.i either get the error while setup is copying files or when its installing. i even took the computer apart and reinstalled everything to make sure everything was in right.

I've had all of these problems as a result of an overheating CPU. Mine was overheating because it was clogged with dust and not getting any airflow. You may be having the same problem for different reasons.

Back