• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Kick start

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

syberspy9

Lol well im bored and i was thinking have you guys ever noticed hitting ur pc's sometimes works?
i hit the scrren at school all the time and it seems to reset it back to normal or somthing, o and when i used to kick my mom pc it would run a bit better.
i dont know what it is i thought it would mess it up hut it seems to work most of the time.

but long term i think kicking the pc is bad for the HD....
and other parts that might be messed up by kicking apc or hitting a screen>?
just interested on what the force would do....

My head :bang head PC

yea my friend was having problems with his PC locking up and the HD clicking so he kicked it knocking it over. Works great now.

Yeah but doing things like that can cause problems like the CPU HS falling off of the socket and onto the video card, and HD's breaking and you losing all of your data!

LOL man i think i have a new tool to use on pplz pc's when they need a fix. (if they break they can just buy a new one from me =D +2 syber

lol, around 5-6 years ago before i was an overclocker i put at least 10-20 dents on the case of my poor amd k-6 rig and i would kick it like it was a soccer ball often :p

Random Fact: Kicking/Hitting electronics usually solves problems when there is a cold solder joint on the PCB. This happens alot on older CRT monitors.

Funny thing is he has a SLK-900A on it...I was kind of shocked it didnt rip itself and the tabs off the socket.

Yeah....electronics are just plain wierd sometimes...I think quantum computers already exist cuz I know mine disobeys the laws of standard physics quite often.

My dome light in my car is messed up too...I turn it on and you have to punch it in order for it to turn on....every time!

furiousfords89 lol my rig i always kicked was also a amd k-6 3D now...
ahhhah cool mabey they were made to be kicked =p

Captain Slug lol o come on now havent you ever kicked ea pc or any thing?
(come on i know u have thrown a tv remote or ps2 controller some time in ur life ha this is great fun you will have to try it.

"was hoping this was an Amiga thread"
????????????????????????????????????
can some one explain that to me?

I personally prefer verbal abuse. Sometime I gotta hit it but usually threats of turning it into razor blades is enough.

O come on i wana melt my pc down soem times and make it into a amd logo (so my P4 seems to kick in and do what it is sapose to be doing.
lol jk all in rival fun

syberspy9 said:
"was hoping this was an Amiga thread"
????????????????????????????????????
can some one explain that to me?
Don't you remember the old amiga computers with their Kickstart ROM?
Now, hitting a monitor with an aperature grill is actually a manufacturer recommended solution to some problems.

lol ur funny Cpt.

Um kickstart ram hey....
ya my first pc was a 386 compaq presario with 8mb ram andi think 5Gb HD or somthing
it was made in 1991 (the mobo was it said when i open it)
and well i dont know i was really young when we got it i was born in 1987 so we probable got a year old modle and the thing wasent in the store in 1991....
any way i dont know how but i was young and the mobo said 1991 when i opned it a year after we had it.

i remember the first pc i got to use, it was a 286 with an orange and black screen and i thought it was amazing, now though, what a piece of junk!

Back