• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

B25- Db9

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Martinj

Ok I have some port questions.. I have a fairly new laptops, and I know that they stopped using the serial port mostly, but I need this as I need my laptop to tune my car.. So the only connection the car ecu accepts is a serial connection. But since I dont have one, I bought a db25-db9 connector and used it through my printer port. But I dont know how to get it to recognize the ecu. I can use com #1 and 2 but I dont know where those physical ports are... O btw im running XP... I need this to get my car running, so please please help...

Thank you,
Martin

DB25 is the LPT port. If the software you're using only utilizes COM ports you'll need a USB-to-Serial adapter that can emulate another COM port for you.

Captain Slug said:
DB25 is the LPT port. If the software you're using only utilizes COM ports you'll need a USB-to-Serial adapter that can emulate another COM port for you.

thanks alot. I was thinking of that, but radioshack only had the lpt to serial adapter and I thought you could change port settings in device manager...Anyways thanks..

Back