• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Gigabyte GA-8I945G Pro

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Macadonious

This is a new build and I am having trouble with it detecting the CDD and HDD. During POST it it will detect both the CDD and the HDD. In the BIOS it does not detect the HDD nor the CDD. However, in the boot priorities it sees the the HDD and the CDD. I have the OS in the CDD, but upon boot. it states, "that there is no bootable disk, please insert bootable disk and push enter." I tested the disk on my othere machine and it works fine. So now I am at a loss as to what I need to do. Please advise. Thank you :eh?:

I tried all of the above. The HDD is on Master the CDD is on CS. CMOS has been reset to factory. Any other ideas?

Yes I did, well actuall it does not have an "Auto" per-say, but rather a selection of IDE or SATA. And SATA and ATA. I have selected the IDE and ATA. I have disabled the RAID and SATA throughout the BIOS

From your manual:

IDE Channel 0 Master, Slave
IDE HDD Auto-Detection Press "Enter" to select this option for automatic device detection.
IDE Device Setup. You can use one of three methods:
Auto Allows BIOS to automatically detect IDE devices during POST(default)
None Select this if no IDE devices are used and the system will skip the automatic
detection step and allow for faster system start up.
Manual User can manually input the correct settings

LutaWicasa said:
From your manual:

IDE Channel 0 Master, Slave
IDE HDD Auto-Detection Press "Enter" to select this option for automatic device detection.
IDE Device Setup. You can use one of three methods:
Auto Allows BIOS to automatically detect IDE devices during POST(default)
None Select this if no IDE devices are used and the system will skip the automatic
detection step and allow for faster system start up.
Manual User can manually input the correct settings
I went into the BIOS where you set up the time and day. This is also where you would normaly see what drives are connected. I click on them and pressed "enter" to auto select the drive in all of the slots, it would not find either the CDD or HDD. I also, tried manually finding it and that did not work either. :bang head

LutaWicasa said:
Might wanna try different cables?
I cannot beleive it, you were so right. I tried a different cable and ...BINGO!!! That was the problem. I had two bad cables. The third one was the charm. Unfortunitly, when the OS began the loading, it stoped and said that my HDD drive had more than one bad sector. I connected it to this system and it would not even spin up. Strange!!! :eh?:

Back