• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Memtest86 or Memtest86+?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

jcw122

Which should I use? Memtest86 or 86+? And anyhow, how do I get Memtest86+ to work from a bootable floppy? I dunno how to get it to work or what to put on the floppy, their site doesn't give any info. TIA.

I didn't think there was much of a difference, i always just got memtest86+ v. 1.62 I think is the newest. you can just download the floppy files (it might be in an .iso so you will need to extract it) and just copy the files directly onto a floppy.

1.62 is out? Geez... I just updated to 1.60 last week.
At any rate, memtest86+ is really easy to install to a floppy: download the archive, unzip it and run the .bat file (install.bat, I think it's name). It'll ask you to enter the drive letter to install to (so make sure that there's a blank floppy in it), and bam. You're done in a few seconds.

nm, i got the two confused, it is memtest86+ 1.6, and regular memtest86 3.2

C38368 said:
1.62 is out? Geez... I just updated to 1.60 last week.
At any rate, memtest86+ is really easy to install to a floppy: download the archive, unzip it and run the .bat file (install.bat, I think it's name). It'll ask you to enter the drive letter to install to (so make sure that there's a blank floppy in it), and bam. You're done in a few seconds.

thx I'll try that out, didn't know I needed to run that file.

Back