• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Crap did I just get a box with the wrong item inside?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

PCGUY112887

Long story short, I bought a HP 1315xi (says on box), but on the manual and on the bottom of the printer it says 1310 model.

Could someone verify for me that this is the wrong printer or if it's just the lables just mean the "1310 line of printers"? It looks the same as the picture on the box but that means nothing.

I am guessing that you got the wrong printer because on the printer itself, its supposed to say the model that it is, not the line of models. You can also try checking on the back, like on the specifications or whatever.

Everything inside says 1310 becides the outside of the box which says 1315xi.

Maybe someone is ripping people off, the box that was on top was a taped up return. This one was unopened.

I'm not even sure about the specs differance, i'll try to find specs of both in a few since nothing is listed on the printer.

I did a google search for a number I found, Q5763-90176. All hits comming up are saying 1310.

usually the manuals will state series since you got an "xi" model i assume you bought it from a wholesaler - cosco? perhaps? there is no need to panic about this, ive got 3yrs of retail experience to present, so pretty much nothing is wrong unless the original factory seal was broken then you have something to worry about

Back