• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Help with my ti 83

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Rd_Falcon

Registered
Hi, Im not sure if this is where this topic belongs, if it is in the wrong place, sorry in advance. I have a ti 83 that I am trying to connect to my computer using a serial cable that I had lying around. Whenever I plug the one end into the calculator, and the other end into the serial port, my screen freezes on the calculator and the computer program cant see the calculator. Im wondering if anyone would have an idea on what is causing this. Thank you.

I have done that about 4 times already, trying different software to see if that would help. Im wondering if the plug that goes into the calculator isnt long enough.

this is a cable that came with another thing. But the plug fits into the hole, so I thought it might work.

well then thats the problem... the ti-83 cable I have and the ones that I looked at on the internet have some type of converter box thing

I was hoping this would work since I read a thing that said how to make your own cable that would turn out just like this one was. Thanks for your help

when I get the adapter on hand I will look at it and post back to see if you can make your own.

If not you can get a cable off ebay for around $7

Back