• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

TS or Vent?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Harres12

Well I am starting up a BF2, CoD2, and WoW clan and I have two choices same price but idk what's better Teamspeak or Ventrilo. Please help me with this and a reason why. Thanks. :shrug:

Last edited:
Im not in a clan, but I play all the time with one. We use TS and so far I really like it. It seems to be fairly user friendly. Although I have never used Ventrilo, so Im not much help in deciding. Sorry.

I am in a clan that uses ventrilo seperated from a different clan that used TS. Both are great its really a "whats your flavor" kinda thing. I've had a few problems with TS not working with keybindings on a few games and vent with other games (usually RTS type). But with FPS games they both work real well. Also Teamspeak has an add-on, Teamspeak overlay
( http://www.teamspeakoverlay.com/ ) which shows you who is speaking. It drops a lowers your frames a bit and still in alpha but still a nice thing to use when your friends all seem to sound the same. Again, its really a preferred choice on the user part.

Back