• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

What vendors in UK?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Artek

Registered
I need PC parts and the only places i know in UK are dabs.com and ebuyer.com but there must be some other good ones out there

_slh_ said:

Seconded.

Overclockers.co.uk are a bit more expensive, but their customer service is very good in my experience.

Ebuyer are often cheaper by a couple of pounds, but beware of slightly wrong descriptions on their site. If you ever need to call them up, you'll straight away discover where they're making cuts to save money...

....actually, that's not true - their "on hold" system must be a glistening example of technology - able to keep almost all the UK on hold at any given time.

Scan, i've only ordered from once, and their service was also exceptional.

i ordered 2 akasa fans and a clear side for my case at friday lunchtime, by 3pm i had my dispatch e-mail, i returned the mail requesting a change to saturday delivery......within 5 minutes customer services had called my mobile, advised of the surchage.........package arrived 10.30 saturday morning

scan.....superb....

lee

anywhere but overclockers... novatech , over-clock :), scan and microdirect is all i will use..

i especialy like over-clock.. sue is funny.. she asked my gf why i needed yet more tubeing for my rig (i messed up some of the cutting and needed some more plus spare for next time i change it all round and my gf phoned to place the order) and my gf said.."our house mate is so full of sh*t that we need more for an emema. poor sue fell off her seat with laughter.
novatech i like coz there cheap and i can phone and place fast trak. and it will be on the desk waiting buy the time i get there..bout 4 miles. and all the others coz the stuff is at my door next day and a nice price packed well .as for the first i mentioned. well thats another story

Last edited:
Blueacid said:
Overclockers.co.uk are a bit more expensive, but their customer service is very good in my experience.

There customer service stinks! I tried to call them when i needed to return my gfx card i spent 2hours on hold trying to get intouch with someone with my longeswt wait of 40minutes (i phoned a different times f the day) in the end i just went there where i had a huge argument with the returns department because i didnt have my invoice and got told this "We cannot take it back withour a receipt" after a 10minute argumet and a 10minute search on there computers tho they took it back.

Reseller Ratings: Lifetime Rating: 2.46

Under UK sales law all you need for an online or telephone sale is a credit or debit card receipt, they are legally bound to check their reconrds and confirm whether or not you made the purchase.

Xoligy said:
Reseller Ratings: Lifetime Rating: 2.46

Owch... I've ordered from them 5 times, I think (probably more), and each time, i've been nothing but thoroughly satisfied. I had to call them once, and I was on hold for 3 minutes, although that was a good year ago, so things might have changed since.

Ebuyer are diabolical. 1/2 of the approx 5-10 orders I have placed with them have been delayed, damaged, missing, not actually in stock or the wrong item. I will never use them again and I encourage you to do likewise. Your choice however.

I have used Komplett before - they seem pretty good except from once shipping me an order for a dualproc board and two CPUs and only sending one CPU ...

Scan seem to be pretty good and are probably the best price vs customer service company.

Also: handy hint.

You have 7 days to return unopened stock without penalty under the Distance Selling Act in the UK.

Also gonna move this to Vendor Discussion.

David said:
Ebuyer are diabolical. 1/2 of the approx 5-10 orders I have placed with them have been delayed, damaged, missing, not actually in stock or the wrong item. I will never use them again and I encourage you to do likewise. Your choice however.

I'm starting to agree with you - i'd rather pay a few quid more, if it ensures that I won't have any trouble with my goods - I mean, often i'm spending at least £100 on parts, you'd have thought that they could at least get their act together and give people what they paid their good money for.

Back