• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Is this a good motherboard?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Its fine other than it wont OC well with some ram, but reading into your post, if you are looking for a 975 chipset for Conroe, this isnt it.
AW8D cant run Conroe, best bet is to get one that can even if you dont plan on getting a Conroe chip now, but you could later

Well my plan was to get a Pentium 4 630, and the reason i want the 975x chipset, is from my understanding is that it supports ati crossfire. I was originally going to get a asus p5wd2 board, but i cant find one within my price range. Will this board OC good for a 630 or should i be looking for a different board?

Yeah that was my goal around 4Ghz, I heard the 630's can reach that easily. Wow that is expensive ram, out of my budget actually. I'll keep looking around at different boards if I cant find one withink my price range I'll probably go with this one. Thanks for the help Deanzo.

Back