• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

How do you know if your on a 1:1 Ratio??

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

AC3421

Disabled
How do you know if you are on a 1:1 ratio for you CPU/RAM OC??

My RAM's Frequency is the same as my HT Link Frequency, well, CPU -Z shows this, my HT link Frequency is at 916mhz, and my RAM is effectively at 916mhz, up from 800, with the current CPU OC. Does this mean I am on a 1:1 ratio?? I should understand this, but I dont, it just confuses me.

Last edited:
Check bios memory settings.
For AMD939 DDR400 is psuedo 1:1
For AM2 there really is no 1:1 but stock/performace speed is 533 for Semprons and 667 for all others. Some bioses may show this as 266 and 333 respectively. 200 may be considered 1:1 but it's pointless math considering it's all relative to CPU speed not HTT.

Look in cpuz

AC3421 said:
How do you know if you are on a 1:1 ratio for you CPU/RAM OC??

My RAM's Frequency is the same as my HT Link Frequency, well, CPU -Z shows this, my HT link Frequency is at 916mhz, and my RAM is effectively at 916mhz, up from 800, with the current CPU OC. Does this mean I am on a 1:1 ratio?? I should understand this, but I dont, it just confuses me.

Click the memory tab in cpuz. It will tell you the ratio.

jph1589 said:
Click the memory tab in cpuz. It will tell you the ratio.
It won't show that if he's running AMD, it only shows dividers.

His divider will by 6 or ( (229 X 12 = 2784 ) / 6 = 458*2 = 916). "You might say it's 2:1"

Htt = 229
CPU div = 12
CPU Speed = 2784
RAM divider = 6 or the 400 setting.
I think he has succeded in getting good clocks :thup:

Last edited:
Thanks for the input guys :)

My CPU should be on the way up to 2.9Ghz soon, Im at 2.74Ghz right now up from 2.4Ghz. After that my RAM should be around 1000Mhz or close to it.

Back