• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

dual RAID with the P5B DLX

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

ElroyCarbon

Hello everyone, I have similar post in another thread, but figured I'd just start a post. I have searched and toyed with the BIOS, but with no success. My patience has run out! I am trying to run RAID 0 on two Raptors (Vista) and RAID 1 on a set of 500GB drives. Is this possible with this Mobo? I see it has an Intel and JMicron controllers, but have no idea how the heck to get into the Jmicron RAID Bios. I am confused by the manual. Any insight is appreciated.

Well I guess I can answer my own post. I finally see throuout this waste of time that this useless feature is ONLY good for external sata drives. I am used to having dual controllers, well for the past 5 years anyway work on internal drives. This is one dumb *** feature although I'm sure .25% of the users out there will utilize/ qualify it. Peace out!!

have you tried connecting those 500GB to ich8r ports 5 and 6 or 3 and 4?
jmicron is in fact for 1 internal and 1 external sata drives and u can get to config pressing Ctrl-J, but at least one drive have to be connected and u have to enable it via bios->integrated peripherials->JMicron...

g luck :)

Back