• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Asrock 775Dual-VSTA headache

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Nebulous

Dreadnought Class Senior
I can't believe this **** ! I just can't ****ing believe it! First off the ram in my main rig (sig) is borked, so i go thru the quick RMA process with Corsair and the defective ram is now on it's way to Corsair for replacements, fine. That leaves me with my back-up Asrock 775Dual-VSTA rig. Now i don't have a video card for it as again lightning struck and killed the 9700 pro I just got less than 24hrs ago from grumperfish. Anyways since the main is down, and i need a video card for the back-up, I pull the GTX out from the main and install it in the back up rig..ok fine. reinstalll os, blah blah and get into windows. I go install the latest VIA chipset drivers, reboot and now the ****ing back-up is borked. :mad: I pull the plug, clear cmos, plug in and try again to boot. Powers on, cd spin, cpu fan & psu fan spin up just fine, but no ****ing boot sequence into windows. Nothing but a ****ing black screen! So lightning struck 3 ****ing times in less than 2 days.

So now I have no ****ing rig. ***damit ****ing **** !!! :mad: Jeezus ****ing christ! In less than 2 days i'm out of ****ing commission. Of all the ****ing **** ! :rolleyes:

I got a funny feeling the ****ing bios in the ****ing 775 board is done, and i haven't even finish building it cuz I still needed a dam video card! I had to pull out a pos 300MHz laptop to be able to post this ****ing **** ! I'm so ****ing angry.

moho said:
im surprised the PSU didnt go first.
Sorry to hear :(

Geez i dunno what's next :rolleyes: I'm gonna save the psu just incase i need a back-up psu for something, but i'm done with the 775 screw that. I'll keep my 939 till it goes into the museum.

OK, before this gets misunderstood, I'd like to make it clear: RIG RIDER sold me a 100% working Asrock 775Dual-VSTA board. It's was fully functional when I installed it and it worked flawlessly.

After the VIA chipset update is when it went dead. Again RIG RIDER did not sell me a dead board.

I hope this clears up any cunfusion.

*Hey RIGZ, my apologies if this rant sounded like you sold me a dead board.*

Thats very weird... i love my 775DUAL-VSTA. it is by far the best CHEAP board I have ever used. I am sorry to hear that yours went all stupid on you Neb.

~jtjuska

Thx jt. I emailed ASrock tech support to see if i can get a new bios chip. Dunno what's going to happen, but i hope it's good.

Here's hopin for ya. I have been very impressed with what a cheap little board like this one could do so it sucks to hear a fellow OCF member have so many problems with it ;). Hopefully ASRock will take care of you :).

~jtjuska

Well got an update:

Called Simon Shiu over @ ASrock sales and I can purchase a replacement bios chip for $15 shipped and programmed with the latest bios. Only bad part is only accept a US Postal MO, then within a week they'll ship out the bios chip.

Here's the email I received:

"Dear Sir,

If you like to purchase bios chip from us,

it will be $15.00/each shipped and please send the check or money order (We
don't accept credit card) to the following address:

ASRock America
13848 Magnolia Ave.
Chino, CA 91710
Attn: Sales Dept.

Make your check or money order payable to " ASRock America Inc "
We will ship it out by USPS regular mail within a week when receiving your
check.
Please also mention what kind the model of the motherboard you have and your
shipping address. Thanks.

Best Regards

Sales Department

Simon

Bad part is:

" ASRock provide 1-year warranty service to Authorized Distributor ONLY, users
should refer to the retailer or original vender RMA & Refund policy."

Which I already suspected when I read their RMA policy

Oh well 15 bux to get my back-up running again

Good to hear, keep us updated on how things go. This is something I will keep in mind in the event I ever have the same issue :).

~jtjuska

Not a problem :) I'll just get a USPS MO out in the mail and hopefully get this board running. I'll prolly wind up selling it anyways afterwards. I'll keep you updated jt ;)

I have this same board im using atm but im getting Abit 608i in 2 days, its a good cheap board if you want a low end C2D and just overclock a little bit i couldnt get mine past 300fsb but it was enough for me for while but now im seeking for more :)

That sucks Neb,

When I got mine from I killed an IDE in less than a day! Either way though my little new C2D is running sweet.

Hope everything works out,

bryan d

Back