• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Security Warning Help

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

voyagerxp

Registered
Every time i start utorrent i get open file security warning and says the publisher could not be verified. Are you sure you want to run this software. So i untick always ask before opening this file and click run. But when i go to open utorrent again it asks me the same question even though i unticked aways ask before opening this file. Is there anyway od disabling the open file security warnings.

You can disable UAC and see if that helps. I'm sure Vista doesn't know the publisher of much of anything yet...

If you are comfortable disabling UAC go to the search box and type in MSCONFIG and hit enter. Go to the tools tab and scroll down until you find Disable UAC. Click launch and then reboot.

Open the Group Policy Editor (Start | Run | Type gpedit.msc, and click OK), and expand the following branch...

User Configuration | Administrative Templates | Windows Components | Attachment Manager

Then set "Inclusion list for low file types" to Enabled, and enter the file types you don't want to be warned about in the box (for example: .exe). To prevent Windows from storing Zone Info on any downloaded files, enable "Do not preserve zone information in file attachments" (under the same branch as above).

Back