• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

OMG!!!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

SuperDave1685

Oh no!!!!!111

I just re did my w/cing loop and while the system was on, the tubing on the waterblock popped off and the WHOLE system was peed on!!! :eek: :eek: Water all over the video card, motherboard, PSU, EVERYTHING!!! Not just a little bit.. it was a whole freaking FLOOD!! I had to use 4 dish towels to soak up all the water and I still haven't finished cleaning it up :( THANK GOD I use a distilled water mix, so I dunno if the system's fried or not. How do I get the system dried out to try?? The system remained on for a few seconds once it started to be peed on, so that gives me some hope that its not completely dead. i think the system shut down because the cpu temperature had to have skyrocketed once the tubing fell off the block... :bang head: :bang head: Why me!!! Thats over $1000 gone if its dead :( :cry:

-not so super dave

The system shut down because of water on it. Just give everything an alcohol bath and let it dry for couple of days. IF you want, u can use a hair dryer too to speed it up a little, but let it sit for a few days. Sorry to say, but if u didnt use hose clamps, next time use it.

#1...you must not use hose clamps(may look ugly but guarantee no hose problems)....#2...for drying it im guessing just leave it to dry itself for a couple hours.

PS: Looks like you might be using zip ties....i recommend the clamps you tighten with screw or nut driver.

Last edited:
I didn't see any sparks or anything like that.... so I'm crossing my fingers :( I have the hair dryer out now.. it looks like te mobo is fairly dry.. just drying out the PSU

Wow that is terrible. Yeah give all your components an alcohol bath and hope for the best. Hope none of your components got damaged. You have a nice setup.

Goodluck

[You have my sympathy]

When my TDX leaked at the barb, my motherboard was soaked and still running - didnt short due to 'fresh' deionised water. I noticed it and pulled the plug, let everything dry, used a hairdryer and isopropyl alcohol.

The board worked perfectly for about two days and then died. I'm guessing some of that water was still stuck under something and became ionised. I left the board alone for two weeks and it works again :D

If I were you Dave, I'd wait a bit longer than a few hours and really make sure those parts are dry.

Well I took a hair dryer to the mobo to blow out any water still stuck in the crevices... I took out the video card and sound card and used paper towels to dry up the remaining water between the PCI slots (not a lot). I ran Prime all last night at stock speeds to ensure it was ok and It was still going strong this morning. It looks like all the water just washed right over the motherboard and most of it collected in the bottom of the case. there wasn't a whole lot at all really on the video card or motherboard... most of it was all on the bottom of the case really. Only time will tell, right?

FWIW, I also can't live without my CS:S :D
I can't live without CS:S, I get genuine withdrawal symptoms - I become aggressive, anxious and feel restless. Quite disturbing really, but then I've been playing for ~4 hours a day for over 2 years.

When you do something that much, I think it's normal to have an addiction, it becomes part of your daily routine.

same sort of thing happend to me 2 weeks ago, only it peed on my 8800gts 640mb, and i didnt notice it because i was downstairs, when i came back a few chips where just oxidised really bad, $350 down the drain...now things are slightly better, bought a ultra 120 extreme, sold my loop for $200 and am waiting for the new cards to come out...

stuff like this sucks but hey, ****nit happens

same sort of thing happend to me 2 weeks ago, only it peed on my 8800gts 640mb, and i didnt notice it because i was downstairs, when i came back a few chips where just oxidised really bad, $350 down the drain...now things are slightly better, bought a ultra 120 extreme, sold my loop for $200 and am waiting for the new cards to come out...

stuff like this sucks but hey, ****nit happens

Im guessing you hadnt use clamps either?..lol....my philosophy..(not really but o well) The uglier it looks..the better..since i have huge hose clamps on every barb :D

Back