• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Anyone currently using Tygon Silver?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

rumking

Registered
I am going to be modding my Antec P160W( i love this case and dont see very many modded for watercooling) for watercooling soon and really all thats left to purchase is the tubing and graphics card block. I love the maintanance free aspect of the Tygon Antimicrobial tubing and would like to hear from those who have used it or are currently using it in their loops.

How often do you change out the liquid and what mixture do you use? Is it bendable or will it kink. does it prevent clouding that may affect my swiftech microres?

Here is a list of the parts I will be using-

apogee gt (775)
black ice gt stealth 240
2x cooling master silent fans
microres
ddc3.2 w/ petra top
possibly the mcw60 for my 8800gts

i hope this will cool the new wolfdales nicely.

I have been on silver for over a year the water is still crystal clear (I can see it in my giant acrylic res)

Before when I was using clearflex 60 the tubes go white in about a month and the clear acrylic had a white water marks (cant wipe it clean its inside the res). With regular tubes I remember taking apart my storm water block and having to scrub off the scum that had built up in the mini jets.

I use distilled water because when using silver you dont need additives (they retard the effectivness of water as a coolant and can be dangerous to have around the house).

Silver tubes are flexable enough to do this:

Man I was wondering what all the silver lines were...I am on this. Think I am going to have to upgrade to this when I purchase my Antec 900. I am liking the silver look...even though I don't believe it will keep down the bacterial growth.

Looks like it is good against kinking as well.

Is that 1/2 tubing myco? i think i'm sold on the silver tubing. all those waterblocks are copper correct? I have not inspected em as they are being shipped as I type.

Yep every thing is 1/2" ID 3/4" OD

Yep qite kink resistant.

You dont think silver is good at killing bacteria??

i love those petri dish cultures! anyway, seems as tho my boss (wife) doesnt like the look of silver..... so she wont let me buy them. damn those joint accounts! i guess its masterkleer for me.

The Silver tubes are great for no to low maintence setups. I personally like having the glowing UV coolant effect, so I don't use them, but they are arguably the best tubes to use for the most maintence free loop.

Back