• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

highest fsb CHEAP mobo?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

EBH

Hi

I need a cheap mobo capable of 500+ fsb (530-540 if possible). Which one would you guys recomend? For me cheap is something msi neo2-fr, asus p5k, abit ip35-e, etc... My msi doesn't get higher than 460-480MHz (I don't think I'm hitting the fsb wall because I get higher fsb when raising the nb/fsb voltage)

I've seen people getting high fsb on plain p5k (vanilla), but it had mods (dunno what though). Something like 600+.

I hate gigabyte so that is not an option (really bad experiences with them in the past).

Thanks!

Any cheap P35 board should do u fine. But for less money u sacrifice the extra stuff like raid but if you dont need it then thats fine.

Don't care about extra stuff. Just good stability and high fsb. "Stock" p35 features are enogh for me.

I want to replace my MSI ne2-fr with a p5k vanilla. Should I do it?

Don't care about extra stuff. Just good stability and high fsb. "Stock" p35 features are enogh for me.

I want to replace my MSI ne2-fr with a p5k vanilla. Should I do it?

I've heard quite a few good things about the P5K V....sounds like a plan. I wouldnt expect 550fsb out of it tho cos u just dont know and every board differs...should be good for 500 at least tho.

Does the p5k have ich9 or ich9r sb? It's stated ic9 on the asus webpage (which should be the most accurate), but ich9r in other places, including reviews.

I'm guessing non-r because it only has 4 sata ports...

right if the board has 4 sata port no ich9r, as they have 6.
i would say a Abit IP35-E, i know there is a mir right now in the states. im not sure it would/does over there.

is something wrong with the MSI board? DO you just want to try another cheap P35 board?

There's nothing really wrong with it. I want to change it to a p5k for a few reasons: I need a third pci slot, can't get a really high fsb on this one (might be cpu related but what better way to find out than trying it on another mobo) and the p5k is more popular so there's info on a lot of mods for it all over the internet.

o i see, well there is one board with a bunch of pci slots but its from gigabyte.....

Back