• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Will Newegg hold true to their promise??

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

lokitexas

Back in October 06' I had an issue with an order I placed for 2 7950gt's. It seemed they took my order but it hung there for days no getting processed. After numerous calls and e-mails...I mean LOTS. I was told sorry your order was declined because of authorization.

Make a long story short, they needed authorized, but for over a week and a 1/2 I was told its being processed...just be patient. So after *I* called my bank to authorize the charge, and called Newegg back to let them re-do my order I wrote about them on Resellerratings. Not the best review.

I got an e-mail from Jason A Salinas appologizing for the mix up. Fair enough. He wrote me :

"One thing that concerns us greatly is the fact that
> you are not satisfied with us, and the chance of
> losing such a great customer over this
> misunderstanding. We honestly cherish you as family,
> and we would never intentionally attempt to make you
> upset. If its' not asking too much, we would like
> for you to accept a store credit for the amount of
> $75.00. This will give us a great opportunity to
> have you back, and allow us to provide you the
> service that you deserve. There is no minimum to
> buy, and no expiration date for the credit. Simply
> contact me when you place your next order, and I
> will make sure it is handled properly"

Fast forward to today. I place my order last night for my new system. I e-mailed Jason and let me know I would like this credit to be applied to my order.

SOOOooooOOOO. Do you think they will stay true to the $75 credit that was offered October 06??? Or will there be an excuse why it cant be done? Like I ordered on Sunday, Jason no longer works here, thats not our policy, etc. OR do you think the Egg will come through? Taking prediction now :)

That's a really long time heh. They gave me a $20 credit once since I didn't realize I had to add a combo to receive a free item that came with a purchase. They did deduct $20 from the next purchase I made after I contacted the person who I spoke to about it. It was only a few days apart though.. Yours is about a year and a half. x.x

You should try calling in and seeing if it will go through rather than wait to see if they just automatically deduct $75 from your purchase.

I would suggest that you contact OCF member Newegg Support, via PM, and link to this thread. That would probably be the best way to make sure it gets taken care of.

I acyually called this morning. Got a CSR, asked them if I could apply a credit I was promised in 06. He put me on hold for a minute, came back and said sure, it will be applied to my card in 3-4 days since my order was already placed. Wow...

To be honest I am surprised. Newegg is great to deal with when things go good, but I am a few other hate dealing with them when they go bad. I was expecting the worst....got the best.

Another mark-up for them in my book.

Glad you got it worked out in your favor.

Now, if they would quit using that dang price adjusting software that bumps up prices as demand increases for a particular product, I might just be able to give them a 10 out of 10!

As I'm an accountant, I certainly can appreciate what it does for their bottom line, but as an enthusiast, I hate it when it jacks the price up on a hot deal just about the time I find out about it. :)

All kidding aside, there are days that you can beat the egg on particular items, but day in, day out, and customer service included, in my opinion it is just about as good as it gets on the net.

I've been seeing more than a few stories lately that are in support of Newegg's customer service. I think that they're trying real hard to keep their customers happy but they sometimes have trouble due to the enormous amount of growth in business that I'm sure they've seen since their inception. I like that there is newegg support on this forum and I like to see resolution threads like these :D.

Back