• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

new build time .... what kinda mobo?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Dapper Dan

ok its a new build time for me ... i have a Q6600 g0 .... and im lookin to get teh g.skill 4gb kit (x2) for 8gb of ddr2 1066 .... also i am really looking into 2 cards right now either 1 4850 or 2x 3870 in crossfire .... i can buy either right now but i really need an answer what mobo best suits my needs ... i mainly edit video/ make special effects ... but i also like to game ... mainly jsut css and dod

someone recomended the p5q... and i would buy one but it says it supporst 1333fbs and 1600 .... Q66 is 1066 ... but i heard you could mod it to 1333 native ... also it says its ddr2 1200 native and the ram i want is 1066 ... big deal?

i've been out of the pc game for a while now (2 years basically) so i dunno if i am right in assuming a Q66 and 8gb ddr2 1066 wouldn't work in a P5Q-E

if your planning on a single card setup then get the P5Q. if your going to possibly be using CF then P5Q-E or P5Q-PRO. 1200 is just the highest the board will support nativly while the cpu is at stock speed. if your ocing it really doesnt matter since your going to want to be using a lower ram ratio any way.

BTW get the 4850 or 4870...

Back