• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Got my OCZ 2700 in..Need Help

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Dave65

Got it in and now I want to get the most out of it,I need sugestions on how to best utilize it with my MB.Like how do I my FSB over 143 and be stable.
Thanks

Yes boards with sdr and ddr slots tend to do that because the length of the memory traces tend not to be the best for performance and the sdr slots are usually set to the best length.

Dave65, the first thing you need to do is sent that crap back where you got it and buy some Kingmax 5ns PC2700. Then you will be able to achieve much higher speeds. I'm and ex-OCZ owner. I had the PC3000 version though, and it wouldn't do over 145 with half decent timings. Trust me, do yourself a favor and get rid of the OCZ and get some real RAM. You'd be much happier even with the much cheaper Crucial PC2100, but I'd recommend the Kingmax 5ns PC2700 because it has true 5ns chips, not overclocked 7.5ns chips like the OCZ has.

Also, unlocking your chip will get you much higher FSB's as well because you will be able to lower your multiplier.

herbal'|' said:
Dave65, the first thing you need to do is sent that crap back where you got it and buy some Kingmax 5ns PC2700. Then you will be able to achieve much higher speeds. I'm and ex-OCZ owner. I had the PC3000 version though, and it wouldn't do over 145 with half decent timings. Trust me, do yourself a favor and get rid of the OCZ and get some real RAM. You'd be much happier even with the much cheaper Crucial PC2100, but I'd recommend the Kingmax 5ns PC2700 because it has true 5ns chips, not overclocked 7.5ns chips like the OCZ has.

Also, unlocking your chip will get you much higher FSB's as well because you will be able to lower your multiplier.

That is quite a systen Herbel, good choices, I am going to the ATI side very soon and I will top 10,000 soon. I have done customers systems on many occasions and now it is time for me. $175-8500 versus $325-GF3. I DO know math!!

Yeah, 10000 is my goal as well, I know right not my bottleneck is my Ram, I hope me new Kingmax 5ns will solve that, and I think it will.

Back