• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

GA-P35-DS3L + E2160 @ 3GHz suggestions needed

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

TimeWalker

Hey there ! New to this forums and OCing in general. Under funny circumstances i got my hands on pretty oldish parts as stated in the topic header. E2160 with M0 Revision and stepping D and a GA-P35-DS3L Rev1 board. And i was really surprised how people push this to a limit far beyond 1.8GHz :bday:

I was able to clock this CPU as high as 3GHz without any problems with the following settings:

FSB : 333MHz
Multi: 9x
PCI-E = 100
RAM Multi: 2 which brings it to 667 / 677 and FSB:DRAM 1:1 which according to what i've read somewhere is kind of obligatory for OCing.

Since my memory is 4x Kingmax 667MHz DDR2 modules with stock timing of 5-5-5-15 i've pushed them to 4-4-4-12 and according to specs this should run on 2.1V (I also read @ _http://www.phoronix.com/scan.php?page=article&item=252&num=3 that Phoronix ppl were able to push them 3-3-3-8 at 2.30V or run them at DDR2-850MHz - 5-5-5-15 - 2.30V ) so i've upped voltage like so:

DRAM = +0.3V
MCH = +0.1V (not sure what it stands for, but i've seen people bumping this by the smallest possible increment)
FSB = +0.1V
PCI-E = Normal
Vcore = 1.3V (my mobo got vdrops, so under load this gets me stock voltage of 1.248V and 1.264 while idleing)

Torture Test in ORTHOS ran for 5 h, 4 min 31 sec - 0 errors, 0 warnings. http://i46.tinypic.com/f9lf20.png
This looks pretty stable, cause the system is still very responsive even under 100% load. I also ran it through OCCTPT for an hour and it didn't fail.

Temp readings are:
33-35C idle
55-62C load
Mobo's at 46-48C however my NB gets hot (i mean really hot!) but i guess since this mobo is able to run CPUs with 1333MHz FSB i'm still good ...

I left Speedstep on cause i won't be using it under 3GHZ constantly, u know, and what i've noticed is that speedstep uses only the highest and the lowest multiplier leaving out 7x and 8x for no reason (or is it just me who's retarded :shrug: not seeing it )

Any suggestions you guys could give me ? Really inexperienced in this matter so i'm asking for some clarifications here. Am i good to go with this kind of settings or i have to tweak something ?

Oh and ..
P.S. Sorry if my English' sux, it's not my mother tounge.

:welcome:

Your post got snagged by our automated spam filter, I just approved it so everyone can view it now. Sorry about that!

Back