• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Classified 759

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Hardass

Bought a used one that the first pci-e slot does not work. My question is does the second slot run at 16x if no card is installed in first slot? Mobo arrives tomorrow, was just curious.

Well it ran like a champ for awhile. http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v214/hardass/Rig SS/3.jpg
Even ram 4.0 on air at same volts. Took it off air and installed on water bench, will not run. Now no pci-e slots work, I put a pci vid card in it and it will go through bios screens ans when it should be going to hdd for windows it shuts down and reboots. Cleared cmos a couple times. So took it off water and reinstalled TRUE and same thing.

Flashed bios got it running, but no pci-e slots working. So just run pci vid card.

You PCIe jumpers are not set to disable the slots right? You're aware of the jumpers right?

You PCIe jumpers are not set to disable the slots right? You're aware of the jumpers right?

The first slot did not work when I bought it I knew that. But the second did I ran a card in it lat night. After I flashed bios to get it running again the second slot would not work, just got the long beep like first slot. I hit the reset and it started working. next reboot it stopped working and I have not got it going again.

You are the man, there were no jumpers at all so none of the slots were enabled. I put a jumper on first slot and the damn thing works. You made my Month bro. Can not thank you enough. Guess I will not be needing a RMA.:clap::clap::attn::attn::rock::rock::beer::beer::beer::beer:

Back