• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

UD3P/Q6600

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

BigSurprise

Hey everyone. I realize this is somewhat of an older mobo/cpu combination, but the board is new to me(late Christmas gift to myself, along with a Cu TRU-120E). I got the board in hopes of unleashing my Q6600's true potential(was stuck at 3.2 on my 680i), but I have some small hiccups.

I have disabled some BIOS power saving options, but I cannot for the life of me find Speedstep. I have searched online and flipped through my mobo manual and can only find "C2/C2E and C4/C4E Support". However, these aren't in my BIOS. I currently have BIOS version FB on my revision 1.6 UD3P. I was going to flash to version FD, but I have reservations about it for 2 reasons: 1) It looks like FD only fixes a DES error over version FB and 2) I keep reading that BIOS flashing is risky business.

I have flashed my 680i BIOS before without any trouble. Is there something I should be worried about when flashing the BIOS assuming I know what I am doing? Like I said, I have searched and know to use Q-Flash and not @BioS. Any extra information is appreciated.

I just can't wait to see my chips full potential! And thanks in advance :beer:

Back