• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Swiftech MCR220 Drive

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
not just for people new to WC but think of the modding or custom case people. with the pump now in the Rad, like they did with the WB/pump(not as impressive or worth it since your stuck to LGA775 only) you now can have a much more streamlined/small wc setup. taking up less space for wc is always a plus when your talking about dealing with small cases.

guess this solves my which rad to get quandary for down the road...

From what I understand, it is actually a decent setup. It is a reservoir, radiator, and pump all in one. Just keep in mind, the 220 model is only going to be enough rad for a present CPU. If you want to throw a GPU into the loop, you may want to look into the 320 model. For CPU only, it makes things very easy, since you only need 2 pieces of tubing. You will also need fans, but for those rads, medium speed Yates on a fan controller should be plenty.

id be curious to see the performance specs on these set ups with diffrent blocks and configurations. unless there is no change in performance from the base MCR220 since thats the rad used in these compact set ups.

Actually, it is based off the MCR220QP-RES. The only real difference is that it has an integrated reservoir and fill port. It is also modified to take the pump at the bottom, which is an MCP350, if I'm not mistaken. There was a post about these posted up not too long ago.

This would be definately nice to use for like a gpu loop. Would save space on pump and res. I saw it up on frozen last week I think. Id also be more apt use that kind of all in one solution than something like the H50

I saw it this weekend at a private CES event. It was in a setup brought by Gabe from Swiftech. It's very sweet. It does add about 1.5 inches in length from a normal radiator from Swiftech. They also are going to be selling a new DDC 3.2xx pump that has a PWM motor so you can connect it directly to the CPU header and control the speed without having to use some fancy contoller etc. It was a series loop i7 920, XT CPU block, Epsilon? GPU blocks on two single PCB 295, a 320 with a pump, a 220 with a pump (this pump turned off), and GT 1850 fans at 900 RPM. Running the GPUs in SLI and Furmark load. Since he had it running on silent the temps were a bit higher than I would run them. But I'll say it was silent. You had to be within a foot to hear anything, any fan noise. Very very nice setup.

If I was new to WC I'd really consider the MCR with a built in pump even tho the cost is more. It's such a clean clean setup. All you have for a CPU loop is the rad and the CPU block. Clean setup.

I think he said he is going to sell the pump/rad setup without a pump, so you can slap your own DDC on it. Look at Swiftechs www.

You are paying for the compact size, just like with any advancing technology, as well as for the novelty/innovation that the company has produced.

edit: that sounds nice to have the pumpless option.

Last edited:
I posted it because i'm thinking about using it for the clarkdale. How thick is the rad they use? Decently sized?

I posted it because i'm thinking about using it for the clarkdale. How thick is the rad they use? Decently sized?

mcr220-SCHEMATIC-708X749.gif

I have a Swiftech H20 Compact that uses the single 120mm Fan rad. These bad boys are like a heater core in a car. Heavy duty. Some of them can be stacked for additonal coolant capacity.

http://swiftech.com/

Last edited:
Decently sized? You mean will it fit or it's ability to cool your setup? Only you can know. I don't know the heatload of a Clark, or your plans to overclock. Decide the max heatload and go with 80% of that for normal use for gaming etc. Unless your a benching max load best temps kind of peep. Might want to read up about Delta T temps in the FAQ/stikies at the top of this forum.

I can steer you to this website, you can use the MCR220 rad test info to decide for yourself. The cooling capability is the same as the basic MCR220. Pay attention to the different fans used to decide if it's enuff.
best if you bookmark this place, it's a WC bible.
http://www.skinneelabs.com/
http://martin.skinneelabs.com/

I'm interested in purchasing one of these, but I can't find any info of what's included in the box. I'm assuming it's just the radiator with built in pump and barb fittings? Does it come with the Radbox like most of Swiftechs kits?

The MCR220 radiator and MCP350 pump seperately costs $35 and $60, am I missing something here?

there is 4 versions of the MCR drives series, they are as follows.

MCR220- Drive - with pump
MCR220- Drive - withOUT pump

MCR320- Drive - with pump
MCR320- Drive - withOUT pump

they ship with just the rad and pump

Back