• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Audio not working on Intel DX58SO

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

CompuTamer

Member with Some Fancy Text Under His Name
Okay... i posted this a while back, and have since gotten a replacement card, but i'd still like to know what's up. When the audio stopped working, the board was EXTREMELY hot around the audio chip, and the chip itself was untouchable... windows reported no problems, the audio just didn't work. Since then the chip has cooled down, but the audio doesn't work still... windows says everything is fine...

I need the front panel audio, and this motherboard's ability to have up to 3 audio streams running at once... is there anything i might be able to do to get this to work for me?

-ancient thread bump in hopes of an answer coming around now- I'm thinking about RMAing the board to Intel, as i really need the abilities of the onboard sound, and don't want to drop $80 on a sound card that can do what the board's onboard can.

Back