• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Does this look like a good mobo?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

CompuTamer

Member with Some Fancy Text Under His Name
I haven't really looked for any reviews or anything yet... I'm going to have about $500 to put into a nice upgrade in a few weeks, and i'm thinking a better motherboard, some RAM, and a new PSU would be a good place to put the money.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16813130289

Does this look like it's a good motherboard? Anyone have it and like it? Anyone have it and have any problems that you think i should know about?

Right now? Nothing. I noticed that myself though. It seems to be covered PCI-e wise for... well... a while. Ha.

Perhaps there's a substantially cheaper mobo with just a couple of PCI-e x16, but otherwise the same features. Also, judging from config in your sig. the most tangible updates can be those of the video card (if you're a gamer or a heavy folding@home person) and storage (SSD and/or RAID). All of the above IMO, of course.

Hmm, i'll keep my eyes open for one.

I'm not a huge gamer at the moment... school is kinda making it hard to play games. My 4850 still handles everything i throw at it with ease though, so i'm happy. I'll upgrade that probably some time next year. I get 30FPS in Crysis, and that's by far the most demanding game i play.

I'm doing a ton of Video encoding/editing right now however, so i'm looking to get my CPU running faster. I might pick up an 8800 or something along the lines of that to offload the encoding to.

Back