• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Asus Tua266 Any Tips?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

ShadowCat66

I had to Change my ABITBE6-2,It died.So I had a board given to me,It's an ASUS TUA266.It has an 800eb chip,Kingmax pc150 ram,GF3 Elsa 920,maxtor 40gig running on a 133 PCI card,Sound blaster X-Gamer 5.1,network card.ASUS boards are new ground for me and would like any tips or thoughts on this..It would be a great help.
Thank you in advance for any help...:D

I was just wondering by others trial and error for bios settings.I'm using PC150 SDRAM not the DDR.I would like to try DDR some time though.Any problems to report,just wanted to get ahead start on the game.Any info would help

I've got the same board, had it for a while.

Very fun.

Are you able to apply custom voltages to the proc through the BIOS?

That may sound like a stupid question, but after you do that, go back into the BIOS and then to "Hardware Monitoring" and tell me if the voltage was applied (Vcore).

In 2k, you might have some stability probs until you mess with drivers.

If you are having problems, I'll tell you exactly what to change to get it to run smooth.

Umm, not much else I can tell you. Keep in touch, I haven't found too many people with this board and it'd be nice to bounce ideas/problems/sugestions back and forth to someone who has a similar rig.

I'll PM this to you just to make sure you get it.

I just checked and the setting in the bios says it hasnt changed.Hmm? Not sure what to think.I dont think I would have gotten my 800eb up to 900 if it didnt change but I'm not sure.I will let you know if I find anything out.Are you using SDRAM or DDR?

I'm using SDR. 512Mb PC133 Crucial.

DDR doesn't do much for a PIII based board (even if it is Tualatin).

I guess the voltage issue is with the BIOS since it's not setting with yours either.

I've emailed asus about this but have yet to recieve a response.

I've used all the BIOSes that they have released too, from 1002 to 1004 Beta 007.

Currently I'm running 1004 007.

So yeah. That's about it for now.

I use the 1004 beta 007 bios for my TUA 266 but i can only increase up to 1.64 volts even if my bios support up to 1.775.

pko/c said:
I use the 1004 beta 007 bios for my TUA 266 but i can only increase up to 1.64 volts even if my bios support up to 1.775.

I take it that you're using a tualatin chip?

Both myself and shadowcat are using coppermines right now and their default voltage is 1.75 (which of course, we can't change).

I have flashed my bios with the beta 008 of 1004 but the voltage issue continous to exist. I've even try the wire trick but still nothing.

pko/c said:
I have flashed my bios with the beta 008 of 1004 but the voltage issue continous to exist. I've even try the wire trick but still nothing.

Hrm, thanks for the heads up. Well damn. This is one of the MAIN reasons I bought this board. Hopefully by the time 1004 becomes final it will be fixed.

Though I have started emailing them (just sent the first of what may be many today) concerning this. I have sent emails in the past as well concerning this and gotten no response.

I think you all should send at LEAST one. Here's what I wrote (email address is in italics):

[email protected]
Motherboard: TUA266
BIOS Version: Doesn't matter, happens in all. (up to 1004 008 tested)
Processor: Celeron 900Mhz (Coppermine), PentiumIII 800EB (Coppermine).

Problem:
Can not apply a custom vcore (stuck at 1.75v) even though a higher one has been PROPERLY set (1.8, 1.85, 1.9, etc).

How we determined it's the BIOS:
Happens on OTHER TUA266 boards.
Happens with different Coppermine processors (not sure about Tualatin, I'm waiting for a reply from someone on this one).

The feature of applying our own voltages in .5 increments was one reason many of us (TUA266 users) bought this board. But you have failed to actually have the option work as of yet (at least for Coppermine processors). Please try to address this in your next BIOS update.

Thanks for your time.

pko/c, what processor do you have?

But basically I will be sending this email to them once a day until:
a. I get a reply telling me that they will fix it in the next update.
b. It is fixed.
c. Legal action is taken against me for harassment ;).

I was thinking though,How could I get my 800eb stable @900 if the vcore didnt go up to what I set it at?I think maybe it might read 1.75 but might be higher.I couldnt get this chip any higher than 870 before on an ABit BE6-2 with the voltage at 1.9!Just a thought, any comments?

ShadowCat66 said:
I was thinking though,How could I get my 800eb stable @900 if the vcore didnt go up to what I set it at?I think maybe it might read 1.75 but might be higher.I couldnt get this chip any higher than 870 before on an ABit BE6-2 with the voltage at 1.9!Just a thought, any comments?

Hrm... could just be the board itself.

I've seen o/c'ing results differ quite a lot depending on the board used.

But my problem is this:

If I'm raising my vcore, why don't my temps go up at all?

I've taken it to 1.9 (from 1.75) and the temps remained the same. I would think there would be at least a few degrees increase.

Back