• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

On board ATI gpu stopping pci Hd card?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Geobuzby

Registered
Hi everyone,Im new here and have spent some time reading old threads to try and find some help with no luck,Heres my problem and would be grateful for any advice,Its an old system i know!!
I have next to me a Acer Aspire T671.. it has onboard ATI radeon xpress 1200 graphics ,I put in a newer ASUS card in and it runs fine so the bios is set to use pci first ect,iv checked the settings to see if this is set in bios, but as soon as i try adding the radeon HD450 so i can use it to my tv via the HDMI output (which iv used it on a packard bell with no probs) but this mother board will not turn this card on,It dosnt even get warm so this is telling me its not finding it at all?? windows also dosnt show it as installed so adding drivers yet wont help??..Is there some thing simple im missing here? Im stumped on this one!! :confused:
Thanks in advance.

Motherboard Properties
Motherboard ID 01/11/2007-RS600-SB600-6A667M49C-00
Motherboard Name Acer MRS600M

Front Side Bus Properties
Bus Type Intel GTL+
Bus Width 64-bit
Real Clock 200 MHz (QDR)
Effective Clock 800 MHz
Bandwidth 6400 MB/s

Memory Bus Properties
Bus Type Dual DDR2 SDRAM
Bus Width 128-bit
Real Clock 400 MHz (DDR)
Effective Clock 800 MHz
Bandwidth [ TRIAL VERSION ] MB/s

Motherboard Physical Info
CPU Sockets/Slots 1 LGA775
Expansion Slots [ TRIAL VERSION ]
RAM Slots 2 DDR2 DIMM
Integrated Devices Audio, Video, Gigabit LAN
Form Factor Proprietary
Motherboard Chipset RS600
Extra Features [ TRIAL VERSION ]

Motherboard Manufacturer
Company Name Acer Inc...

BIOS Properties
BIOS Type Award
BIOS Version This BIOS is exclusively for Acer only R01-A2
Award BIOS Type Phoenix - Award WorkstationBIOS v6.00PG
Award BIOS Message This BIOS is exclusively for Acer only R01-A2
System BIOS Date 01/11/07
Video BIOS Date 11/01/06

BIOS Manufacturer
Company Name Phoenix Technologies Ltd.

Last edited:
System name--Aspiree T671
Main board S/N---MRS600M
Bios Version-----6.00PG
SMBIOS---------2.4
system bios ID----R01-A2
Bios date 01/11/2007

HERES my Bios settings for PCI
-Resources Controlled by---(Auto ESCD)
-PCI-VGA Palette Snoop----(disabled)
-Assign IRQ for VGA--------(enabled)
-Assign IRQ for USB------(enabled)
-PCI Latency timer(clk)---(64)
**PCI Express relative items***
Maximum Payload Size----(4096)

Are these setting right for the radeon HD 4300/4500 cus the card wont run from bios but the ASUS will?? anyone got any ideas?

Last edited:
Did you have a PCIe power plug on the new card? also if you have a small power supply without enough power to the mobo it won't be able to power up the card. The onboard 250w PSU won't run any separate video card unless it's very very very low end. Might need a 350+ depending on what card you are putting in.

Did you have a PCIe power plug on the new card? also if you have a small power supply without enough power to the mobo it won't be able to power up the card. The onboard 250w PSU won't run any separate video card unless it's very very very low end. Might need a 350+ depending on what card you are putting in.

Hi thanks for the replay,I have a 650w psu and the card has no pug for extra power,I have had no probs with it running on a 250w psu in the past in a HP and a Packard bell,just this acer wont start it at all,but will other GPU's..im stumped on wye this is??

Specs are for the Acer atm
650w psu
2.80ghz x 2,but its the D which i want to put in the daul 2.40ghz E (i have waiting here)
onboard radeon 200 express I want the radeon HD 4500 running on in it.
basic cooling atm
2 x500gb hdd 7200rpm
3gb of ram 3x 1gb=1 empty slot
32 bit atm till i can get the card working.
So its a build i want to start but i do need the HD card to work..
Any help would be great on the card issue..cheers

That's a tough one.... Maybe there is a jumper on the motherboard? I'll look into this one when I get to work try to see what I can come up with. Getting kids ready for school right now :)

That's a tough one.... Maybe there is a jumper on the motherboard? I'll look into this one when I get to work try to see what I can come up with. Getting kids ready for school right now :)

Thank you for your help... pictures of GPU's are on page 3..

Last edited:
Hmm can't seem to come up with anything and I'm trying to figure out what options you have in the bios...are you sure it's all the way in maybe? I'm just throwing out ides I'm not sure why this would happen

Hi i have lots of options in the bios,but unsure what to change,clock from 64??? iv re seated it a few times to check its in place right..cheers

check in the bios theres usually an option that you can chose what video you want to use like onboard, pci/pcie

What is your OCS Switch set to?

as in the OS select for dram? its set to 64mb (non-os2)

Onboard vga is set to on but after PCIex first..as im using an gpu card now on it not the onboard..

System name--Aspire T671
Main board S/N---MRS600M
Bios Version-----6.00PG
SMBIOS---------2.4
system bios ID----R01-A2
Bios date 01/11/2007

The pc will load and run on the GPU Asus EN7500LE..but will not work the radeon HD450 PCI-E 512m DDR2 VRAM...Can any one help me y this Mobo will not load this card plz???

Last edited:
I meant the two switches on the Mobo they overclock the fsb. But I'm stumped on this one.

There may be an issue with it trying to hybrid crossfire. Idk if there is an option in the bios to disable it, but worth a shot.

There may be an issue with it trying to hybrid crossfire. Idk if there is an option in the bios to disable it, but worth a shot.

My SB600 Spread Spectrum is enabled//PCI STRENGTH is 100% should i disable this???
Also what about the parallel port mode?

Iv only one card slot,so is this still a prob?,cheers for the link

Yes the hybrid crossfire does a fake crossfire with the onboard card and the dedicated card. If it's not the correct card and the mobo is trying to hybrid crossfire anyway it might cause this? I'm just trying to help! Let us know how it goes!

Back